Wednesday, August 26, 2009

"His promise"

Let us hold tightly without wavering
to the hope we affirm,
for God can be trusted
to keep his promise.
~ Hebrews 10:23, NLT


Promises Made
Yes we make them! Sometimes to our selves, sometimes to others, sometimes to God alone. The thing we forget is that He already knows us. Don't think for a moment that you can bargain with Him either.
Often I wonder what happened. Why was I not able to accomplish all that I wanted to. Summer is disappearing, and my house is not painted. I think for about the 37th year since we Have been married, I have not touched my fishing pole! (Going to have to change that one!)
We don't get to take vacations like we want either. My wife and I would love to be off somewhere with just each other to think about for, say oh, about a month or two! But we would just miss those grand children too much!
"I will be able to retire someday, and do some of those things" - I say to myself. Well hopefully that is the case. I don't think I could ever see all that I want to, or do everything that I have planned for my life. But at this point, I seem to take each day as it comes, and hope for the best.
I know that even if I can't seem to keep my promises and accomplish my plans, God has not finished with me yet. I also know of His promise, and that he is a better planner than I am! Obviously He is a better painter than I am also!
Take care, and Love to all. Norm
http://www.nicholsonphotoimages.com/
The content and pictures of this blog are copyrighted.
Please do not copy or use the content or pictures
in any way without express written permission.
Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment