Friday, October 16, 2009

Pleasant Words

"A wise man's heart guides his mouth,
and his lips promote instruction.
Pleasant words are a honeycomb,
sweet to the soul and healing to the bones."

~Proverbs 16:23-24 NIV


We are what we say!

Recently I joined the Face Book craze.
Partly out of curiosity I guess.
I also have found that it has become
a way of communication for several
of my friends and family.


Although, I must say, I have rather
enjoyed the thing, I have some
real concerns. We must be very careful
with security these days, and I know
I am putting my heart out there~somewhat
exposed by participating in these modern
toys of social networking.


The part that bothers me most is people
using the bad and vane language .
I am appalled, to be honest. I tell myself, at
least they are not afraid to be themselves.
But I really wonder about that thought though.
Is using profanity in ordinary conversations
really who we are?


My challenge to anyone who is guilty of this sort
of behavior, is to stop, and think what it is costing them!
Are they just playing some sort of game, wanting
to be part of the crowd and be accepted by others?

Just pray about this problem,
and if you are guilty, ask for help.
He will accept you, and forgive.

If God can, so can I.
Love to all, Norm




No comments:

Post a Comment