Sunday, September 27, 2009

The right Light

"No one lights a lamp and puts it in a place
where it will be hidden, or under a bowl.
Instead, he puts it on it's stand,
so that those who come in
may see the light."
~Luke 11:33 NIV
He is the light.
The amazing truth parallel here is the fact that photography is all about light! Most professional photographers will readily agree that the exact right light will make all the difference in any situation.
If I have a hard time seeing my subject clearly, I must step back, and check my focus, or make sure nothing is blocking my lens, or vision.
The sermon by our pastor today focused on this subject. I think it is amazing sometimes, as a photographer, that not always am I in the right frame of mind to capture all the beauty that was intended for each shoot. Sometimes there can be things that block my view, and cloud over the "light".
I know, the same applies to our lives. As pastor said, we need to not focus on the stresses and ugly things in our lives, or that will be all that we are able to see.
Try this: do a back yard, or other, photo shoot with your mind focused on the "proper light", and you will be as amazed as I am in the difference it will make. Do the same thing when we go out into the world each day, and see how His light will shine the way!
Love to all, Norm
The content and pictures of this blog
are copyrighted. Please do not copy
or use the content or pictures
in any way without express
written permission.
Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment