Saturday, November 14, 2009

Chances are...


"Trust in the Lord
with all your heart;
do not depend on
your own understanding."
~ Proverbs 3:5, NLT


Have you ever said: gee, I wish I would have had my camera!
Many times I come upon something like the
4 deer that stood next to the roadway, and watched me pass by slowly!


I can never plan on such a shot,
and even when I try to in my dreams,
at the last moment before I am ready to press
the shutter button, they always seem to flee away fast.


I usually try to be prepared, and be ready
for such moments, and am never too far from my camera.
As a photographer, I never know when opportunities
will present themselves, so it pays to be camera ready.


I have also learned that a back-up plan is also a good idea.
Usually when I go on a "photo shoot",
I have been known to carry at least
2 other cameras with different lenses attached,
so I really do have a back up plan in place.


Life is kinda like that too. We never know
what is in our future, and we need
to be prepared for unforeseen circumstances.


The best thing I can say here is that
I need to do my part as best I can, but not to
worry too much about what I don't know.

It is normal, I guess, to fear that which I don't understand,
and some portion of fear keeps me on my toes too.


Our best source of preparation is
Our "back-up plan" is just knowing His forgiveness and
to trust in Him, without relying on our own understanding.

The contents of this blog
are copywrited.
Please do not use or copy
in anyway without express
written position.
Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment