Saturday, May 1, 2010

FUTILE EFFORTS










Futile efforts
This photograph of the cemetery in front of the Chimney Rock speaks volumes to me. To this photographer, it represents the long trail taken by our ancestors, some who died trying to reach out to a better life.

Also , I see my own life's trials and tests exemplified in this picture. Some days it is so easy to complain, and find life's bumps and rough spots unbearable. I seem to want to focus on myself in those moments, only to wake up soon to the fact that we all have them.

My father had many challenges in his early life, and as I look back on mine now, I see the same pattern.

That "rock" pointing the way forward, marking the trail for many, well that must be like when we look to Jesus for guidance. The difference is his love, although not always visible to us, has always been there, and will forever stand the test of time.

We too will die along the trail somewhere, but our efforts and work pointed in that right direction, along HIS path will always and forever be of value!

LOVE TO ALL, Norm

No comments:

Post a Comment